Senior Technical Professional –Electrical
Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter with Electrical Engineering. The incumbent devises new approaches to problems encountered and plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to electrical systems including power systems performance and control, cabling and wiring, lighting, motor control centers design and development, communications systems, cathodic protection, grounding, lightning protection, heat tracing, etc.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following: design and development, testing of materials, preparation or checking of design calculations and specifications, studies, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope.
- Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements
- Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional.
- Also may be responsible for leadership of a functional area on a small project or a segment of a larger project. As the lead, plans, budgets, organizes, coordinates and controls the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6+ years of related experience, preferred within the chemical industry
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Electrical Power System studies experience with OTI ETAP and SKM Power Tools Preferred
- AutoCad experience preferred
- SmartPlant Electrical (now Smart Electrical) experience preferred
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient and safer.