KBR is looking for a Level 2 Certified NDE inspector to support inspection of ground-based pressure vessels and pressurized equipment (PVS) and lifting devices and equipment (LDE) at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) at Greenbelt, MD.
- Under general supervision, independently perform non-destructive test and evaluation activities in support of the LDE and PVS Programs at GSFC.
- Coordinate NDT activities to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Prepare and compile reports.
- Ensure that equipment is always maintained in a serviceable condition and where required is calibrated.
- Communicate on a regular basis with management team and support staff.
- Perform testing in the laboratory environment or at a customer site.
- Responsible for developing, qualifying, and approving procedures, establishing, and approving techniques, interpreting codes, standards, specifications, and procedures, as well as designating the NDT methods, techniques and procedures to be used.
- Have sufficient practical background in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology to establish techniques and to assist in establishing acceptance criteria when none are otherwise available.
- Have general familiarity with other appropriate NDT methods, as demonstrated by an ASNT Level III. May attend design reviews and technical interchange meetings to provide safety assessments and technical support. Interpersonal relationship building and customer interfacing skills are desired
- High school diploma and 4 or more years of inspecting experience required.
An International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union position requires formal training and certification as a minimum of a Level 2 inspector in accordance with ASNT SNT-TC-1A, in the field of UT, MT, PT, and VT.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please Click The Link For Application : https://kbr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/tr-TR/KBR_Careers/job/Greenbelt-Maryland/Inspector—NDE–NASA-_R2058389